View Single Post

Old 10-08-2018, 02:04 PM

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
I believe we're talking about two different things. Some of you are talking about knife fighting while myself and I believe some others are talking about using a knife to defend oneself.

In my scenario someone is knocked to the ground and overcome by an antagonist. The "victim" could be elderly, disabiled, or both. They could be young and healthy and quite athletic. Perhaps they were knocked to the ground by a sucker punch or other blow to the head?

The common factor is that they are on the ground, they have been overpowered and they are afraid for their life. In this instance, if you can reach a knife on your person and bring it to play how much training does a person need to attempt to save their own life?

My answer is little or none. There is nothing wrong with training provided it has a practical application and it's taught by a qualified instructor. I'm just saying that i believe my scenario, or a variation of, is more likely to present itself than some sort of "knife fight".

I’d suggest finding a training partner and trainer blade and trying this out - you’ll be surprised at what you need training wise for this as a matter of fact considering how many train in MMA and jujitsu or other ground martial arts I’d be tempted to say this is the worst position for an untrained person to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro