View Single Post

Old 10-08-2018, 08:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-M View Post
Hey Ya'll. New here. Day one, 12 hours old, Just got my new Performance Center M&P Shield 45, with ported barrel and slide, and tritium night sights. Did my homework, even shot a friends.

Sitting on my desk unloaded (ammo on desk, looking at it). Bit of dry firing to get the trigger feel. Re-cocked, empty, sitting on desk. I'm looking at the web for a holster and possibly a trigger up-mod, when I hear a distinct "CLICK"!. Nothing near it, been sitting for a few minutes. No one but me and the sleeping wife here so no funny business (practical jokes, etc). I pick it up and squeeze the trigger, its in it's "Been Fired/Needs Re-Cocked" position!

What The Literal HECK?!?!? Has this happened to Anyone Else? I'm genuinely concerned.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM. YOU HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE "genuinely concerned".......

THE GOOD THING IS THAT IT HAPPENED NOW, WHILE IT WAS SITTING ON YOUR DESK---RATHER THAN IN THE MOMENT WHEN YOU DREW IT TO DEFEND YOURSELF, BECAUSE THE SHTF......

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH S&W SEMI-AUTOS, SO I CAN'T HELP YOU AT ALL. I LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING WHAT THE FORUM EXPERTS HAVE TO SAY,,,,,