View Single Post

Old 10-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crstrode View Post
My father, a decorated Army Airborne Ranger combat veteran (three bronze stars, a Presidential Citation, and about a pound of other stuff), usually packed either a Sterling 22LR pistol, or a Charter Arms Undercover. He told me more than once that a 22 will kill a man just as dead and just as fast as an Atom Bomb.

There is nothing wrong with his advice and I don't hesitate to carry either of his favorite little shooters from time to time.
And your point? My father also decorated airborne & retired LEO, often didn't even carry a gun off duty. Sure a 22lr will kill, so will a pointed stick, the issue is reliability of rim fire & stopping a violent attack. IMO, packing a 22lr is stupid when there are better choices.
I thin the issue with most people is they want a gun to feel safer but not wiling to put in the work & time to be proficient with a more reliable gun/caliber. No real free lunch with most things in life. If it is important to you, then get a suitable caliber gun & some training & put in some range time.

Last edited by fredj338; 10-10-2018 at 01:06 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: