View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 01:02 AM
Banned

Liked 414 Times in 130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
FOR THE MOST PART, I AGREE WITH YOU--- WITH EXCEPTION OF YOUR AVERSION TO REDUCING AND SMOOTHING THE S/A PULL. ALSO--I HAVE NEVER SWAPPED SPRINGS. IF LIGHTER SPRINGS ARE BETTER, WHY DOESNT THE FACTORY INSTALL THEM ? ? ? THE COST TO MANUFACTURE THEM MUST BE THE SAME......

IMHO, THE MOST CRITICAL ISSUE ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PERSON DOING THE WORK ! ! ! THERE IS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BUBBA AND HIS DREMEL TOOL, AND A GUY LIKE DENNIS REICHARD, OF SAND BURR GUN RANCH. HE DOES ALL OF MASSAD AYOOBS WORK---AND LIKE MAS, HE IS A MULTI CHAMPIONSHIP PISTOLERO. MAS REFERS TO HIM AS "THE BEST GUNSMITH, CURRENTLY WORKING ON S&W REVOLVERS"......

BASED ON THAT ENDORSEMENT, DENNY HAS BEEN GETTING ALL OF MY WORK.....

Regarding springs and DA pull weight, I think over the years the DA pull has got heavier due to the endurance package modifications done in the Post 1990 era guns, 19-6, 19-7, 27-4, 27-5, 29-4, 29-5, and 25-9 Models etc. They put a heavier mainspring in, mostly for reliable ignition, and possibly because of liability. Those are my guesses. Post script, you are hurting my ears.

Last edited by GRT3031; 10-11-2018 at 01:06 AM.