View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 03:24 AM

Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts

In the 1980's I was doing a lot of action work on duty and competition guns stoning a little polish and altering springs if done right will reap a lot of reward on any gun if done right. I did a 44 mag for Larry Hagman for his personal collection in his JR days. I have done round butt conversions, bobbed hammers, replaced and fitted triggers, hammers and barrels, installed standard sights, installed ribs and built custom competition guns.

On duty weapons a reliable ignition is very important but ,smoothing things out can help in qualifications and with most officers it may help to instill confidence in their weapons.

With competition guns you can go a lot farther with more polishing and reshaping a few parts, replacing and hand fitting some parts as needed, cylinder alignment and gap, adjusting and balancing spring rates and installing custom barrels.

All of my personal weapons have been tuned anywhere from mild to wild.. I have a target gun with a 4.5 pound double action trigger pull and 1.2 pound single action that is a dream to shoot but, only on the range. One of my carry pistols has a five and a half pound double action that is 100% reliable. The older guns with a fixed firing pin are the best for getting the lightest actions.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: