View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
THAT'S VERY STRANGE HH. I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE MIGHT BE. I WONDER IF THE BLAZER BULLETS ARE OF A SMALLER DIAMETER, OR THEIR OGIVE IS DIFFERENT, SO THAT THEY DON'T ENGAGE THE RIFLING AS WELL ? ? ? A MICROMETER CHECK, MIGHT GIVE A CLUE.....

I WOULD NOT ADJUST YOUR SIGHTS---AND I WOULD CONSIDER SELLING OFF YOUR REMAINING SUPPLY OF BLAZER AMMO.....

EVIDENTLY YOUR REVOLVER DOES NOT LIKE THEM ! ! !
I'll put the Micrometer on a dozen or so after I get the wife's Rubicon dried up from the storm remnants for sure. They seem to have a high ogive just eying them.

Yeah, I'm not touching the rear sights as they are in set-n-forget mode!

I have multiple batches/lot numbers of the Blazer Aluminum Gold Dot ammo. I have current manufactured and some I bought off a member here that he wrote January of 01' on the boxes.

Both my tack driving LHS M29-3 and MBP 629-5 place this ammo an inch low and an inch to the right and 10 yards on paper at the range recently. Groupings are great, just off center... I was firing at some miniature diet coke cans my mother in law left at the family mountain home this weekend and only hit one can after a full cylinder at 20 yards. I can hit them at 20 yards usually. Then it became apparent it was the ammo when I switched the cylinder to Federal 200grain SWCHP's. Popped cans nearly every time after that.

The Blazer Gold Dots are still adequate for carry/combat distances but they sure aren't going to win me any bullseye matches! They do seem a little bit hotter than I remember them years past though.