View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 08:51 PM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

I recently bought a 5" 29-6 Classic from a gun shop in Lafayette, LA for $825 out the door. It's in great condition, but didn't have the original box, tools or documents. It did come in a nice plastic case similar to what S&W uses for some of their guns. So I don't think you will get the gun you are looking at for less than that, seeing that it has the original box, tools and docs.

A few things to note: 5" model 29 Classics are much rarer than the 6 1/2" barrel guns, so expect to pay more. And the stock Hogue grips do have a silver metallic S&W emblem on them for the 29-5 and 629-3 Classics. My 29-6 came with the stock Hogue grips for it and instead of the silver metallic medallion it just has a cast in S&W logo on the grip. I also have a 6 1/2" barrel 629-3 Classic, which is the direct stainless steel counterpart to the 29-5 Classic and it came with the medallion Hogue grips on it when I bought it. Both pistols have since had the rubber grips replaced with Culina round to square conversion target "Coke Style" grips, as they feel better in hand and look better too.
The Following User Likes This Post: