View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Banned

Liked 414 Times in 130 Posts

A buddy of mine emailed me his DA trigger job method. Hopefully this won’t derail a good thread.

"The only mod I make is to degrease gun in hot acetone, remove sideplate and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of Johnson's talcum baby powder thruout the action, making sure to get even coverage. Then replace sideplate.

Install SANDS OF IWO JIMA in DVD player and alternate 3 fast DA pulls to 2 SA pulls during every appearance of John Wayne throughout the movie. Make sure to apply hard thumb pressure to the hammer during release of SA pulls. Add 3 drops of acetone thru the hammer slot at every 50 DA pulls and shake the gun vigorously.

At the finish of the movie and before the credits end {not sure why, but this makes a difference}, remove sideplate, wash out the interior with acetone and liberally coat all interior surfaces of the action with used motor oil obtained from a cold pickup sump, making sure to strain oil thru at least six layers of cheesecloth before applying.

Replace the sideplate, load and holster. You are now ready to go face a collapsing civilization.

The results will amaze you. A DA pull that defies description, eliminating all sense that the gun is made of actual metal, feeling not unlike pulling a claw hammer through a bucket of boiling butter. If the sear notch remains on the hammer, SA pulls are amazing. This is of course my SD modificaton, so SA pulls are considered an added but unnecessary perk. However, if needed and absent, the grip hold can be shifted just a bit to allow the off hand thumb to retain tension on the hammer thus eliminating any jerking of the gun thru poor trigger manipulation.

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing on my S&W wheelguns.

Too much chance of messing something up."