View Single Post

Old 10-12-2018, 01:46 AM

Liked 1,271 Times in 693 Posts

[QUOTE=Rastoff;140195843]I see and mostly agree with what just about everyone has said here though I don't think he's stupid, maybe just using poor judgement.

I remember the time when having a rifle in my trucks back window was not a concern to the general populace. We do not know about this " The soccer field was adjacent to a wooded public park." Can you hunt there, can you target practice there? These are things we do not know. I have been on fields that were adjacent to state game lands in PA. so he may have been justified, to go to the public Park at halftime to practice his draw and dry fire. Maybe he should have used more discretion and moved farther back into the woods, just as if he needed to urinate. Unfortunately even though something you do is legal where you are doing it, that does not mean you can not end up in a discussion with a LEO. I do not practice open carry off of my property, I could legally,but do not wish to cause a scene that forces a confrontation ( friendly ) with the local LEO's.

We do not know the whole story, did someone follow him to see what he was doing, and then disliked that he was drawing & dry firing, so therefore called LEO. Many things we do not know. Should he have been arrested- NO, did he use bad judgement- Yes. As stated above, just because you can do something does not mean you should. It seems just about anywhere in the US you can do something that is legal, but upset people because, regardless of legality, if they do not like it , therefore it must be bad/wrong/etc because only their opinion counts. Be Safe,