View Single Post

Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 AM

Liked 164 Times in 66 Posts
Default SOLD: S&W Model 629-1 .44 Mag, 6" barrel, action job/cut for moons and ready to run

I'm thinking that I'd like to build another K/L-frame revolver for dedicated ICORE Limited 6 usage so I'm listing my last N-Frame (damn my sausage fingers).

Available today is a Smith & Wesson Model 629-1 chambered in .44 Magnum with a 6" barrel. This is a stainless pre-lock model with a nosed hammer, wide target trigger, and a square butt frame. The gun is ready to run with a full action job, bobbed hammer, cylinder machined for moonclips by TK Custom ($150), front sight milled off with a Weigand DX interchangeable sight system installed ($140ish, currently sports a green HiViz blade), and wears Hogue Big Butt grips in Goncalo Alves ($115).

The gun's action is outstanding. The trigger breaks at about 6.75 lbs and is smooth as glass. ZERO light strikes using fully seated Federals. Lockup is good, barrel-to-cylinder gap is about .005", and endshake is pretty minimal (.002 - .003"). The exterior condition is about what you'd expect for a stainless gun that's been in and out a holster a bunch - a fair amount of light scuffs and scratches, nothing too deep and mostly on the barrel. I did the bob job on the hammer and it looks pretty good but I'm sure a pro would have done it even better.

Included with the gun:

- (20) TK Custom .025" mooclips ($140)

- TK Custom mandrel (works with all the moonclip tools on the market)

- Pachmayr presentation grips. I had to drill a new hole so the screw wouldn't hit the mainspring

Price:

I have well over $1300 into this gun. I'd be looking for $849 shipped, discreet PayPal F&F please. Please add $30 if your FFL doesn't accept transfers from private individuals to cover the extra I'd have to pay my FFL.

Trades?

Possibly! I'm looking for a K or L frame 6-shot. The ideal gun is something like a 6" 686, cut for moons and with trigger work done. I'd also look at guns that need work plus money.

Optional ammo/brass: SOLD SEPARATELY to Old Seabee

I'll ship a big ole' box of ammo and brass for an extra $120 (which is mostly just to cover the shipping cost). Included are:

- (325) Starline .44 Special cases (mixed nickel and brass)

- (310) loaded .44 Special cartridges with 240gr SNS coated RNFP over ~4.7gr of Trail Boss. Starline brass. Makes major and shoots soft.

- (200) loaded .44 Special cartridges with 245gr Thunderhead wadcutters over ~4.9gr of Trail Boss. A little hotter than the RNFP load and great for bowling pins.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1958/...a5f8b3b2_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1939/...e243e3e8_c.jpg

Last edited by matteekay; 11-01-2018 at 11:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: