View Single Post

Old 10-17-2018, 08:38 AM

Liked 242 Times in 126 Posts

dogboy.

Its all pretty relative. A brand new MP15 SportII is selling for around 550 stock with no accessories. As I said, most LGS will
figure their trade in price at about 2/3 of what they can sell a used gun for. The 400
is a good deal for you, since the're going to try to sell yours for close to what a brand new in the box rifle sells for. I really don't think the'll get the 600 some dollars the're planning on selling yours for. With prices at where they are today, you'd be hard pressed to get more for your rifle, since you took it back to stock. If you left the accessories on, they would probably give you the same and be glad to take it in. Most LGS place no value on user installed accessories (not factory) in that you customized it for yourself. The next buyer may not want them or go a different route. So, the options you installed are basically not valuable to a new buyer, but only to you.

As others have said, take your options off when trading it in and sell them separately to someone who wants them. Be prepared that you might not get what you paid for them since (once again) the're used

The used market and trade in market can be brutal. Its tough to acknowledge that we paid too much for firearms or accessories. Often we put way more into a firearm than it is economically worth it. Take the S&W SD9VE. A great gun at
275. Add a grip sleeve, new Apex internals to it, make it suit you, and find out you could have bought a S&W M&P 9mm 2.0
for everything you paid for the S&W SD. Is it a loss? NO! You
improved it for what you wanted it to do. Does it make financial sense? Not really. But how did you know down the road what would turn you on, or what you might pursue in the future.

If you really like the G20, and don't really care for the Sport2 anymore, just trade it in and get what you really want. I cant tell you how much money I lost trading stuff for stuff I really wanted at the time. Its all part of the hobby. You're not into firearms to make money right?