View Single Post

Old 10-17-2018, 02:57 PM

Liked 655 Times in 370 Posts

Hi everyone, sorry to drag up an old thread but,

Just had a quick conversation via Facebook with a guy in US about if the 15-22 is still barred from Appleseed events.
See below his reply;

Unfortunately yes. One of the guys at the top committee decided that after a couple people had out of battery discharges. I personally agree with it but I’m low man on the totem pole so it is what it is. But you can bring any other 22 or center fire rifle (8mm and smaller).

Not sure if the “investigation got anywhere but I didn’t get a response to my next message, again, see below.

Josh but OOBs occur with all types of semi auto 22 not just 15-22. Then of course there was the full auto incident, though I understand that happened AFTER the APPLESEED instructor had “fixed” the rifle. I’m not an Appleseed instructed person but I have had OOBs with various 22s over the last 20 odd years. Non from a smith but several from rugers and others too. Just seems a heavy and somewhat knee jerk reaction. Oh and yes I live in the UK I do own many firearms. I AM a weapons instructor and an RO, both military and civilian. I do own a smith after getting rid of the Ruger due to, would you believe, too many OOBs

Seems it was just 1 guy then....

Rob.

Last edited by Rob1; 10-17-2018 at 04:28 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: