View Single Post

Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 AM

Liked 104 Times in 36 Posts

Well the hunt is over. Went out today to my local Cabela's and attempted to purchase the Shield 2.0 9mm with the integrated CT red laser. That's when the Cabela's nightmare started, first the Cabelas credit card I just obtained two months ago came back rejected, seems that my card was a Visa and they are porting over to Master Card and they never sent me the bill for the whopping $9 balance I had, and then put a hold on the card because the bill was overdue, ***.

Then the salesman who didn't seem like the friendly type came back and told me the ATF had a hold on my approval so I couldn't take delivery for a few days. I made the mistake of telling this clown I was a retired PO, and I think he intentionally screwed up the background request to screw with me.

Well, I told them they could keep the gun I'm gone, never to return. Went to Guns-Plus the closest LGS to me and they order me the Green Laser 2.0 for about $20 more then Buds Gun Shop charges, which is about $70 less then Cabela's was going to charge for that model if it was in stock. He also had an 8+1 extended mag I stock to I purchased that on the spot.

Went home, called Cabela's and told them I'm cancelling their credit card and will never set foot in their store again.

Now just waiting till Friday to pick up the pistol, and it's the green laser, which I really wanted, but my impatience almost screwed me out of.

BTW, for those of you who think lasers are useless, look at this video

The Following User Likes This Post: