View Single Post

Old 10-18-2018, 05:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 14,376 Times in 5,479 Posts

Not to challenge your position, but have been wondering if the US will ever get enough states willing to change the 2nd Amendment? My understanding of what it takes to change an amendment is the following.

Altering the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or changing an amendment, then subsequent ratification. Amendments or changes to amendments may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a convention of states called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. It is then necessary that two-thirds of both the House and the Senate plus 3/4 of the states are needed to ratify new amendments or make changes to existing amendments.

My biggest fear has been the possibility that the Supreme Court could interpret the 2nd Amendment to NOT mean the unlimited right to bear arms. A court with activist judges could ultimately pose a larger threat than the legislative branch or states could ever muster??

I would love to hear if this is how things really work or am I missing something?