View Single Post

Old 10-19-2018, 01:35 PM

Liked 1,470 Times in 166 Posts

New in the box Smith and Wesson 1916 Military and Police. 102 year old time capsule. Original box , with the correct number penciled on the bottom of the box just as it came. When you hear the term that is so loosely used these days in the collector gun market ,, "

" No Upgrade possible ".

This is really what that term " NO UPGRADE POSSIBLE " should look like.

" No Upgrade possible to me means without issue "

Another term that is wore out these days is " RARE "

Please note for the record this gun is " NOT RARE " not whatsoever, but is indeed EXTREMLEY rare to be found in this condition just as any gun that is 102 years old still new in its original box would be.

Is that a fair statement ?

Anyway, We have waded through a lot of muddy ditches and been down a lot of winding nowhere roads to find these type of guns. I hope you guys enjoy these pictures. My brother I set out years ago to find and acquire perfect NIB examples of vintage guns. We enjoy it and more so enjoy giving people the opportunity to see what a gun really looked like the day it was new. Its a different kind of collecting but it has a magic about it to me that I cant explain. We cant go back to 1916, but when you hold this gun in your hand you can get as close to 1916 as you will ever get. John

'" How about that medallion "

Last edited by John Fugate; 10-19-2018 at 02:27 PM.
The Following 14 Users Like Post: