View Single Post

Old 10-30-2018, 10:00 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have one of sigmas in 9mm and have had for it I think at least 10 yrs and bought it used, but like new from an individual for $200. I fired two mags through it: one of win white box and the other of wolf steel case. I it was because his wife could not handle the heavy trigger and she was going to get a 1911
The super heavy trigger does make it much safer for rough handling. I use mine when land clearing and other similar work about my place. Never jammed. But the trigger also makes it much slower to fire. The long trigger must be taken up slowly and a two handed hold is needed. Much slower to fire deliberate aimed shots from it than a DA revolver. About two years ago a water moccasin rear up in front of me and with a deliberate shot I nearly severed its neck. But just a couple of months ago I was executing a possum in a hole that my dog found. I fired it one hand like I would a glock and badly jerked the trigger. Earlier in the day I have been shooting a bullseye match with a model 41 and was slow to make the readjustment to the heavier trigger.
PS "The sigma was designed from to ground up to handle the 40
"Description. Created in 1994, the Sigma incorporates pre-set striker firing mechanism. It is available in both .40 S&W cartridge and 9×19mm Parabellum being one of the first pistols purpose-designed to handle the .40 S&W. Similar styled sub-compact designs in .380 ACP and 9×19mm were also manufactured."
The Following User Likes This Post: