View Single Post

Old 11-02-2018, 03:09 AM

Liked 431 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintsghost View Post
I have to say that I agree with this member in most ways. First, insurance companies are profit making enterprises and they reap tons of money. Their aim is to collect your money for premiums and limit the amount they pay out by denying claims. One company a lot of us have dealt with is CUNA. Anyone who has a credit union account and has any insurance on it has been insured by CUNA - Credit Union National Alliance. I have had to fight with them for my disability insurance that was on my house and my loan when I was forced to take a disability retirement. They are the worst company I've ever had to deal with outside of the worlds biggest insurance scammer which is "workman's comp". However they are pretty much like most other insurance companies.

We all have some kind of insurance. Automobile insurance is required in virtually all states and now proof of same is required to be carried and presented when contacted by police or renewing plates etc. Most of us have some sort of life insurance and now under the Federal Government, we all are required to have health insurance to meet certain minimums and it must be declared on your annual tax filing or a penalty paid.

I dislike insurance as it always seems to me to be beting against yourself. I am also 70. As a retired professional LEO and firearms instructor, armorer and shooter, I have never considered CCW or shooting insurance. I know enough about the judicial system that by the time the criminal case is resolved in my favor, assuming there is one, and the family of John Q. Criminal gets an attorney and begins to file a lawsuit, it will be years down the road to resolution. When all the appeals and court work are over, I'll be in my 80's. Then they will eventually find out that I own nothing. My spouse and my children own everything. They can't get blood out of a stone. With the prevailing attitude concerning CCW's and self defense changing in this country, it is highly likely the civil action wouldn't succeed anyway. I am not going to spend any money on another insurance policy.

I often thought of getting some kind of “insurance”, kinda just to CMA.
But then I, like so many others my age have done, have signed everything I own over to others. So yes, I basically own nothing. And yes they are trustworthy people.
I do carry in my car, where I legally can. The purpose is more for any type of civil disturbance when traveling. In today’s political atmosphere we need to be able to protect ourselves and family when on the road. I find though that, I travel less and less to places that at one time where friendlier than they are now.
Just my $0.02 worth of conversation.