View Single Post

Old 11-02-2018, 02:19 PM

Liked 29,545 Times in 14,251 Posts

I can't imagine any of the Lee-type primer pans being subject to mass detonation. That is much more likely with the vertical brass primer tubes, but I have never personally known of that happening to them either. Nor have I ever seen a warning regarding use of Federal primers. In fact, I recently bought a new Lee Auto Bench Prime tool, no warnings about primers anywhere on the box or instructions. If someone can document such a warning concerning Federal primers, I'd like to see a copy of it.

While I have seen and heard many anecdotal tales about which primer brands and types are most impact sensitive, I have yet to see anything resembling quantitative scientific laboratory test results establishing that any primer brand is more or less sensitive than any other brand of the same type primer. And it's a subject that none of the primer manufacturers will talk about. Therefore I continue believe that all those tall tales are in the same category as "fake news" until I see proof that there are significant differences.

Last edited by DWalt; 11-02-2018 at 02:36 PM.