View Single Post

Old 11-09-2018, 09:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 9,206 Times in 2,533 Posts

The P35/Hi-Power is my favorite platform, due to the fact that the only time I ever had to produce a weapon in self-defense it was a Browning Hi-Power that I had on me. I didn't need to fire a shot, but with three attackers it was comforting to have 14 rounds of Super-Vel on board. (give you any clue as to when this was?)

Sadly, I sold that pistol to pay for a semester of grad school back in the 1980's. I kick myself whenever I think of that.

I have scratched my Hi-Power itch with an Israeli surplus FN MkIII, an FEG, and a stainless Tisas Regent BR9. All three have had modifications, with the Tisas getting all of its guts replaced. Both the FN and the Tisas have been converted to the SFS, but the FEG still has a stock firing system. All three are a pleasure to shoot.

I would suggest that you change out all springs and possibly the extractor. It might be best to have a spare extractor pin and sear lever pin on hand since these can be easily damaged while changing out the extractor spring. BHSS is the place to get these parts.