View Single Post

Old 11-11-2018, 10:07 AM

Liked 13,324 Times in 3,304 Posts

I know this is old, but I had to add this one at least.

Model 19-8, 38 Special Only.

According to SCSW 4, there was a run of 213 made in March of 2000 for distributor RSR. That's the only information I can find on them. A lot of speculation, but that's about it.

In spite of the fact that it's marked as a 38 Special, it will in fact chamber 357 rounds, but I don't shoot magnum loads anyway.

I'll add one more while I'm kicking this back up.

Model 19-9. The "classic" Model 19. Well, we can argue over rather it's a classic or not, but I look at it as "classic" in the sense of a medium, frame 357. The gun is changed from the sweep of the frame from the rear sight to the grip, and the two piece 4.2" barrel, to the cylinder lock-up system and of course the dreaded lock. They did also eliminate the flat spot on the bottom of the forcing cone that many saw as a weakness of the Model 19.

I haven't fired it a lot, but have fired a box of 357 ammo through it, and really liked the way it shot. If there is anything I didn't like, the grips are maybe a little too narrow for my taste. I won't change them, I like my guns to look stock and as I said earlier, I don't shoot 357 ammo often, so these should be fine with 38's.
John 3:16 .

Last edited by CajunBass; 01-04-2019 at 09:56 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: