View Single Post

Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from Pa View Post
Ruger made a single action conversion for Buckeye Shooters Supply in 10mm and 38/55 a few years ago.From what l read accuracy was very good.
Aplo is correct. It had separate cylinders for .38 WCF & 10 mm. Unlike the .41 Magnum & 10mm the .38WCF and 10 mm cartridges us the same diameter bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S42N8 View Post
So: do you hold it canted to the left or to the right to counteract the rotation? What if you’re firing due east or west? Way too complicated for me...I’ll stick with the .41 Mag for my 10mm needs.
It matters not which compass point the barrel is pointed towards, in the Northern Hemisphere the Coriolis force will cause the bullet to drift in a clockwise direction. From the shooter's perspective it will drift to the left. That was accounted for while firing battleship projectiles and in the design of later 19th century rifle volley sights. It is plainly visible in the U.S. 1873 .45-70 Trap Door rifle sight. However, Hollywood actors holding their pistols side ways while pretending to be gangsters might get by without adjusting for the Coriolis force.