View Single Post

Old 11-13-2018, 05:12 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts
Default What is your ideal battery / armory of Revolvers and do you have it?

For the sake of discussion and planning, just curious on what people say to this.

For example, I have 2 smith and wesson revolvers that pretty much handle my needs. A 442 and a 6" Model 19. One is a great carry gun and 1 is great for Home Defense. I probably wouldn't NEED any more. Actually I could get away with just the 442 but I wouldn't consider that ideal.

And beyond that, I think I could see some other models working better for those 2 things. Well, I would like the airweight for pocket carry when I do. But only on occasion. I'd like a Steel J frame for belt carry. Which is the majority what I do. And I'd like a smaller K frame for Home Defense. Or something different. I can think of a lot of models that would probably be better.

The model 19 is great. But there are probably better models for home defense. Like a TRR8 or 686plus with say a 2.5" barrel.
Something like that. Or even just a better balancing, more compact K frame.

Then I'm sure I could use a .22 for practice.

So my ideal family looks kind of like this:

617 / 63
4" tapered bbl 10 or 3"HB 10

Then throw in stuff for fun:
M1917 / Victory / 27

You see in my ideal family I don't even own a 6" model 19. LOL. I will say this, that one shoots really good and the trigger is GREAT. But I think other models balance better and might be a bit more practical. I don't plan on gettting rid of it but it doesn't SEEM ideal to me. I'd take a 4" 66 over that any day.

Anyways.....

I always like to see what other people find "ideal".

Last edited by ABPOS; 11-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: