View Single Post

Old 11-17-2018, 07:31 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
There is only one correct answer to this question and it has nothing to do with part numbers.

The right gun to use for your personal self-defense is the one you can manipulate and shoot well. Everything else is a tertiary consideration.

So, which is the one you shoot best?
Thank you for serving and I appreciate your comments. I don't really agree though. I do to a certain extent. But I can think of other guns I could maybe carry that I shoot better than my 442. But my health plays a role in what I carry. I get fatigued a lot easier right now from fighting lyme disease and a 32 ounce 9mm that is kind of big just isn't doing it for me.

Now secondly, I prefer to carry a DA revolver because I find it to be a safer action than my HiPower.

Thirdly, my Girls (Mom / Wife and Daughter) seem to be much more intuitive with revolvers so I'd rather have those around and available if need to hand one off to them. Like if at home I could give my wife the 442 and I'd grab the Model 19.

I shoot my Model 19 the best but it's got a 6" barrel and there's no way I'm conceal carrying that thing.

I understand that hitting your target is what matters most in a gunfight. But to me if one can shoot a certain gun with acceptable accuracy, that's good enough for me. I'm definitely better, accuracy wise, with other guns than my 442.

However, I've tested myself at 25 meters with my 442 and have hit silhouette sized targets with maybe dropping one round. It is not ideal, but it is "good enough" At 7 yards I shoot it pretty darned good. I can not do a 1 holer with it like I can some other handguns though. Although it's not often I do that anyways.... A few guns. I shoot my Model 19 really well in Double action. So I'm ok with that as a choice for my Home Defense gun. But capacity sucks. Others would rank that up there as maybe even more important than how exactly accurate you are. Someone might give up a bit of accuracy for capacity. I would completely understand that.
The Following User Likes This Post: