View Single Post

Old 12-02-2018, 11:38 AM

Liked 406 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
People have their heads in the sand if they think things like this aren’t coming to them. Demographics are changing everywhere, not for the good.
Absolutely correct, and all the molon labe and boating accident stuff is not the answer and frankly suggests a misunderstanding of the capabilities of modern law enforcement and the persuasive effect of a threatened prison term.

We are entering a new round of anti-gun sentiment and likely legislation, primarily at the state level, I suspect. We need to support the NRA (and yeah, none of us agrees with everything they do) and pay attention to what and who we vote for.

If you live in a solidly pro-gun state, I envy you, but please don't get too complacent. It wasn't that long ago I felt somewhat "safe." Now I live in Colocalichussets.

EDIT: I realize some of the boating accident stuff is said in jest and I mean no insult to anyone by my comments. We are on the same side of this issue. I just don't believe it advances our cause to claim or think that would be the answer and I fear it furthers the stereotyped image of an "assault weapon" owner that the other side like to perpetuate. These comments are all public.

Last edited by 10ring; 12-02-2018 at 11:50 AM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: