View Single Post

Old 12-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Liked 2,338 Times in 376 Posts

I'm still waiting on my letter, should have it in a week or two but I think there are some exceptions in that time frame. I have a 5" that went to the Providence Rhode Island PD in 1931. It's my understanding that since S&W is less than 100 miles from there those guns were shipped directly to the PPD instead of way over here to Texas and then back East. Maybe they had a special arrangement with W&K and the order still went thru them but was shipped directly, don't know but I do expect the letter to state they went directly there as is the case with the other 49 PPD 44's. Earl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct269 View Post
In between me running my mouth to the effect S&W would sell them to anybody who'd pay for them-------at any time anywhere, I've been exposed to and listened to the words of THE man on topics such as this. Here are these words----in essence------as Mr. Jinks spoke/wrote them.

S&W had a contract of exclusivity with W&K from 1926 to 1936 (as respects these guns)-------which I interpret to mean if you wanted one you got it from W&K----or W&K had otherwise laid hands on and blessed the deal during this period of time. Having pondered these words for not very long, I decided they made sense.

Ralph Tremaine