View Single Post

Old 12-11-2018, 06:22 PM

Liked 419 Times in 73 Posts

Well, I decided to put my 625-7 back to stock, mostly. The reason for the original modifications is no longer valid.

The Meprolight night sights weren't glowing anymore, although they were still decent sights without that feature. I replaced the rear with the original white outline blade. For the front I used a bright orange insert. I seem to be able to pick it up faster than red or yellow. It's the old way of doing it with a piece of hard plastic cut and filed to fit instead of poured resin. Brownell's used to sell a kit with several different colors of plastic and a couple of files. I still have it. Some of you old timers may remember that.

The bobbed hammer was a replacement so I wouldn't mess up the original, which is now back in place.

Internally, I left the Wolff springs in since the trigger pull is very good single and double action.

I have the original wood combat grips, but I don't care for them, so the Ahrends stay on.

Photos of the gun with the modifications is posted above. Here's what it looks like now.

5.jpg
The Following 3 Users Like Post: