View Single Post

Old 12-17-2018, 12:19 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammergun View Post
There is a never fired still in grease and box Model 24-3 blued with 4” barrel on Gun Broker at $1500 to $1600. Is this a fair price. Is it a shame to buy this and shoot it? It’s more than I want to spend but just questioning it. If anybody is interested in it go ahead and get it.

Thanks
Jeff
I'm assuming the Revo you speak of is a "Lew Horton Special..." If that is the case... then absolutely the answer is yes (if at the end of the auction rounds out at $1500); because this is the Premium a "Lew Horton Special" gun commands at current time(s). I lost 3 bids in a row on GB after being the high bidder for 4-5 days. Then just hours before the auction is to end "scumbag(s)", just kidding... kinda... He bid the price threshold up to the point that would exceed $1800+ should I had got into a bidding war. That is when I bid on an M29-3 Lew Horton Special that I could shoot both .44Special and .44Magnums out of. It is a 90% condition gun and the bid war got a little ugly; again, the last 6-7 hours but I was blessed to be the high bidder at End of Auction... right at $1600 was the final cost after shipping, the 3% credit card fee, and FFL fee.

So to answer you question... if you really want a nice .44Special; if you can get it out the door for $1600 on GB then yes, you stole it especially if it's Minty AND it in fact is a true Lew Horton Special.
The Following User Likes This Post: