View Single Post

Old 12-26-2018, 08:24 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddocktor View Post
If you do decide to get it refurbished and reblued, S&W won't be the place to send it for the job. I'm almost positive that they won't do gunsmithing work on Pre-model numbered guns any more (I've read that here several times) and the blue job they do now isn't nearly as nice as the old blue job when they make your gun. If you do decide to get it gone through and refinished, I've heard that Ford's in Florida does a really nice reblue and I also believe they have gunsmiths that can tune your gun up too.
I've heard that "Ford's" is the place to go for a good re-blue. But it won't quite be like the blue of a mid-70's M29.

I had a workhorse Hi-Power "Hard Chromed" in the late 90's done by "Tucker Gun" in Tucker Georgia, (they sent it off to someone in Florida maybe "Ford's" I don't remember) and it was the best re-finish I've ever seen. It got stolen during a break-in to never be recovered again... My hard use "work gun" semi-auto "P-01" CZ that gets worn when I'm at work might get a hard chrome refinish for its durability... but never one of my blued vintage Smith's that I carry in the burbs at home or in the woods.