Thread: 10mm Automatics
View Single Post

Old 01-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W59 View Post
Oooookay..... this thread has jumped the tracks so bad I'm going to need a railway crew to get it on the rails again. The choices here are the Megastar 10mm and the RIA 1911-A2 fs hc Ultra 10mm. I'm looking at something affordable that isn't a polymer framed handgun. I don't want to drop 1000-bucks on a hole puncher.
Star quality was hit and miss. With luck you can get a good Star but if you are not lucky there are few parts available and no manufacturer's support. I've owned 4 Star auto pistols, 3 jam queens and one that was only both accurate and reliable with with a carefully developed unusual reload. The latter developed problems from its too soft steel. Your odds are better buying a Spainish military or police surplus Star than one that was made to sell to the U.S. civilian market. Also, Stars came with only one magazine and a second cost $40 30 years ago. Enough said?

I have not owned a 1911 from the Philippines. One might be the best all steel pistol that is within your budget but you have not written what your budget is. I'd be shopping for a used Ruger SR 1911. That way if I got unlucky I'd have factory support.

Last edited by k22fan; 01-08-2019 at 12:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: