View Single Post

Old 01-24-2019, 11:50 AM

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks for your service Lobo!

The only Vietnam knife story that I have is from a friend of mine who was MACV-SOG in Vietnam. His name was Roy Beneavidez who was a friend of my Dad's and a friend of mine. He lived in the same town here in Texas that I grew up in.

I got a Randall #2 when I was in high school a gift from my Dad and I was quite proud of it. I cleaned several deer with it but it wasn't really made for that type of work and made the job harder. Anyway...

When Roy was in town he could be found morning and afternoons running the track at one of our local parks. I was there one afternoon and had the #2 with me so when Roy was finished running I called him over to my truck and showed him the knife.

Roy looked it over and asked me what the hell I was going to do with a knife like that lol. He said it was a fighting knife and that I'd be a whole lot better off with a .45 than that knife because in a knife fight everyone gets cut. So he was not impressed and I was a little disappointed lol.

He told me one of his pals in Vietnam had a Randall and they wouldn't let him take it home. So his friend gave the knife to another friend who still had time left on his tour.

If for some reason you think that the guy's uncle in my narrative above took a Randall to Vietnam that wouldn't be the case since the Raymond Thorpe Bowie is as new and he ordered it before he was drafted.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: