View Single Post

Old 02-01-2019, 05:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 39,370 Times in 4,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus35745 View Post
Saw this gun 2 years ago at a gun show and I thought about it frequently since. He quit setting up at Berea because of health problems. The owner comes to the NE Ohio Bunch, I call him about twice a year to see how he’s doing. Asked him last summer if he still had the gun for sale and it was, he never got back to me on the price. Finally connected again with him and bought it.

I shot it Tuesday morning after I met him and he went back home. It wouldn’t feed ammo from the tube so I shot it single shot. Used the peep sights that were on it. It did great but it was 50 ft indoors. After I got home I took it apart, cleaned it and lubed it. It now feeds good and I put a scope on it.

These old basic .22 rifles are great shooters. They were cheap but well made. It took me back to younger days when I walked the woods with a .22 rifle enjoying the outdoors. This one was made abt 1949. It’s a Mossberg 146 B with the early “T” blot. Tell us about your classic old rifle. Larry
Very nice!! This past summer I had a chance to pick up a mint 1942 Remington 512 Targetmaster for a couple hundred. What a beauty. I have a mid 70's Rem 583 too.

My great uncle died in 2009 at the age of 99. I got his early 40's Marlin 39A, and the small single shot Stevens youth gun that he got from his parents for being a good boy when he had his tonsils out on the kitchen table when he was 10 years old. I passed the 39A on to my youngest son years ago. I still have the Stevens
The Following 6 Users Like Post: