View Single Post

Old 02-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Liked 550 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVshooter View Post
The following rant is my opinion, my opinion is based on my experiences, not everyone has the same experiences....Therefore opinions differ...movin' forward

I'm not a fan of modifying a gun when a simple good cleaning would cure the problem. Certain brands will stick more than others. And after shooting 2-3 cylinders and then you start getting stuck cases is NOT the gun, but the carbon buildup inside the chambers. I keep a bore brush with me and run it thru each cylinder and dry brush my chambers every now & then during a shoot and NEVER had to deal with a stuck or sticking case. I use my 617-6 for competition/plinking and I've been trying to tell you guys this but no one listens...

Certain brands will stick, others will not.... So all this reaming/polishing/removing metal potentially ruining your gun all because you failed to experient which ammo runs best in your guns...

Posts like this is why I shy away from buying used guns...
No, some of them are undersized . You are only reaming them to saami spec so you are not ruining anything. Also I do notlike being limited to one or two brands of ammo especially during the next ammo shortage after 2020 elections. I have revolvers that are virtually useless because of the chambering problems no matter how much you clean them