Thread: Franzite grips.
View Single Post

Old 03-05-2019, 04:58 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

My Victory model came to me from my FIL with a set of Franzite grips on it. It came to him the same way during the early 50's. That's the only grips I have ever seen on it, they don't look bad at all, and I too have seen them on many LEO's revolvers back in my early years as one myself. I'm talking during the 1960's here. Considering the banging around they took on working cop's revolvers, they held up pretty well for the most part, and they were affordable even for LEO's in those days.

I have bought a set of correct grips for the Victory just to have them, and I have replaced the lanyard on the butt which had been removed to make it period correct, and I still have and will have the Franzites as long as I have the Victory! BTW, the Victory also came to me with a Bauer holster probably bought sometime before the early '50's that is in very good condition. All in all, a pretty nice package to have as a gift from my FIL, who was a proud WWII vet and who passed at almost age 97 last September.