View Single Post

Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 AM
US Veteran

Liked 159 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatofeo View Post
Since posting this a few years ago, I've sent three letters of suggestion to Smith & Wesson.
Given the interest this has generated, I think it's worth Smith & Wesson's consideration.
Anyone have a name at Smith & Wesson to whom I might address this suggestion directly?
I believe a USAF Model 15 .38 revolver commemorative would sell well. And Model 10s in Army, Navy and Marine commemoratives.
But it's important to keep them somewhat affordable, and useable: leave them blued, with the service engraved on the side, its own serial number (F, N, M and A can precede the serial number to designate which service) and perhaps the name of the service written out along the backstrap.
They should be so fancy that you'd agonize to fire one. These should be holster guns, carried by veterans who served.

Anyway, who might I write to specifically on this suggestion? Send me an email if you'd rather not advertise the recipient's name.

I hope Smith & Wesson will consider this. The .45 gets a lot of fame, but the .38 protected and reassured a lot of service men and women since World War II, and did so until the early 1990s.
Write to the CEO and cc the VP of sales and marketing. I think I'll do the same. I doubt that the crew at S&W actually understands that Security Police was/is the AF's largest career field and there are literally tens of thousands Air Force veterans who carried the M-15 in either 4" or 2".
The Following 2 Users Like Post: