View Single Post

Old 03-21-2019, 07:47 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiuckian View Post
I picked up a flat latch model 49 at a gun show last week.I want to change the grips out for something more period correct than the uncle mikes on it. I found a pair of J frame diamonds for $40 but the screw was too short so I passed on them. I am heading to Little Biff's on Dixie Dighway tomorrow because he has every kind of grip in the world there. I was wanting some opinions with maybe some pics of model 49 flat latches with various early sixties grips styles. My gun is Serial # 356xxx which I am guessing about 1963 or 1964. If anyone could narrow that down I would be grateful.

That's her. She appears to be reblued if only with some cold blue. I paid $400 which is probably too much. I hope to get a set of vintage grips for under $40. Thanks for any opinion or pics
I know this is old, so it's too late to tell you you can buy screws online for cheap and hope for the best lol. Being 9 years ago, I wonder, do you still have it? How did the grip situation work out and tell you I'm glad to hear you were ditching the rubbers for the wood. Makes me glad to hear it.