View Single Post

Old 03-28-2019, 01:06 PM

Liked 459 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art66 View Post
I think the market for revolvers is "softening" lately. Another user commented that sales on the forum here are slow and usually sell for less than the asking price. I checked the broker recently and a common model 66 auction sold for $600 or so. You can find many listed at very high prices, they're hoping for a buyer looking for their specific gun. I think the Pachmeyer stocks might reduce the desirability somewhat to a collector, but would be good for a person looking for a shooter. If you can do a great job marketing it and put it up as a no reserve auction, you might get a good price. As far as keeping it, depends whether you would be happier with that other item you are trying to fund!
Thanks for your insights Art66. I've seen a lot of private collectors at gun shows with outrageous S&W prices and not many buyers. Then I see them at later shows and they've got the same inflated prices on the same S&W ones I saw at the previous show. Think I shop this one around; it's a nice shooter but not a collector piece.
The Following User Likes This Post: