View Single Post

Old 04-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Liked 973 Times in 401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs View Post
I appreciate the load info and note that mixed brass was used, but primers were two particular brands. Is that common, that for accuracy, brass head stamp is not a concern but primer brands can make a difference?
Having shot bullseye back in the 60's, PPC in the 70's, IPSAC in the 80's and now IDPA I have not seen primers or mixed brass to be an real issue with pistol loads. I find, (especially now with 9 mm) powder charge, powder type and bullet weight and seating depth to be more of a factor.

For .38, the old standard load 148 gr, WC over 2.8 of Bullseye has always been to go to load for 25 and 50 yard shooting. Found 4.0 of bullseye behind a 200 gr. SWC to be the top .45 load for both revolver and 1911 and now finding the Sig 320x5 likes the 120 grain Bayou bullets TC, HiTek coated ahead of 3.7 of bullseye seated to 1.065.

I have used pretty much what ever primers i had available, Remington, Federeal, CCI, Winchester and they all did the job. Same is true for brass, pretty much any head stamp.

Rife shooting is a whole different animal and I have found different brass and primer combos will perform better than others.

Last edited by elpac3; 04-03-2019 at 09:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: