View Single Post

Old 04-03-2019, 01:34 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

I had a 442 for the last 5 years or so and loved it. The hammer stud broke on it and it went back to the factory. While it is gone I replaced it with a 637. Which so far I like. I can't say I LOVE the fact that it broke. But I LOVED shooting and carrying that gun.

I'm hoping I have better luck with longevity with the 637 and whatever I get back from the factory. I requested a 638 if they're going to replace it but they might not agree with that and just send me another 442.

What I'm tired of is on another forum, pretty much every time someone posts about a new gun someone has to say how terrible the lock is. It gets old. I'm planning on actually leaving mine in my 637. Maybe that's not a good idea. I don't know. But I think it's rare they lock up. And I plan to carry the other J frame in my backpack as a BUG in case any of them do have an issue. Because it might not be the lock that fails. Any gun can break in several areas. It's made of metal. Not diamonds.

It's not like I think the locks are a good idea. I just get tired of hearing how awful they are. Smith is not the only manufacture to put a lock on a gun. Admittedly, I'd rather it not be there. I may eventually get it out of there. But then there is that gap along the hammer. I'm not sure I like how much **** could get in there.

Last edited by ABPOS; 04-03-2019 at 01:37 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: