Thread: FBI 1076
View Single Post

Old 04-03-2019, 08:47 PM

Liked 171 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithNut View Post
OK, I'll need to set the record straight..... Old age and memory isn't what it used to be, and I didn't dig far enough into my holster box .
When I posted about the 5181, something wasn't right about it (I had pulled it out of my holster box) as the area covering the end of the barrel just had more material (from the muzzle back) than I remembered. So, after looking at the pic in that gallery, I climbed back up in my storage and pulled the box out, dug deeper, and lo-and-behold found my 5183, also marked for the 1076, this one is the one I was talking about when I had researched it. I looked all over and found it at a Police supply house in Salt Lake City (they only had one), and bought it. I liked it a lot due to the "less material" and almost competition like coverage at the end of the slide (less is more).
I'll need to take a pic and post of the two, the 5183 is the one I now remember as being the correct one, but who knows, there were probably many in use due to supplier production/stocking issues (?)
The material is less in all areas, less at the muzzle, no hammer/thumb break, and the two sides up at the top are lower than the 5181, very competition like, i.e., IPSC Race gun style.

FWIW
I have been able to acquire 2 of the 5183 NIP holsters and have since let them go. I have recently got my hands on this set in which the seller has indicated FBI issue. I hope all is well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by JCR575; 04-28-2019 at 05:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: