Thread: New 3.6
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2019, 11:28 AM

Liked 1,324 Times in 487 Posts

Just picked up my 3.6 yesterday. I really like the feel and features over the Glock 26 I've had for years. To be honest, I had the M&P 9C back when. I found it to be a good pistol; accurate, reliable and durable, but it was just a bit too big to have the minimized backstrap length, so I traded it off after finding the G26 seemed a bit better in that area.

I cleaned the 3.6 and took it out for a function test. I only ran 30 rounds through it, but it fed and fired flawlessly with Winchester White Box. I also noted that the groups at 30 ft. were nice and tight for shooting off-hand standing only.

I'll get an assortment of 9mm makes and configurations to test further, but I really like it. I've got a feeling my G26 is going away soon. Next week, I'll be picking up my M&P 2.0 5". It also feels very good in the hand. I'm even thinking about getting the 2.0 Shields; the 9mm in the standard length and the .45 in the new Performance Center 4". I like the G43 and Sig 365, but I think the 2.0 versions may be the ticket for a return to all S&W in my polymer guns.

UPDATE:

I took the 2.0 3.6", along with my new 2.0 5" FDE to the range yesterday and wrung them out. I ran about 200 rounds of FMJ and assorted JHP rounds throughout them without a hitch. The triggers on both guns were smooth and relatively light with great reset. Accuracy with both pistols was very good - tighter than I shoot my Glocks. To put it mildly, I'm really impressed with the 2.0 models. Next step will be to get a Shield 2.0 and collect up the holsters for my intended modes of carry.

Last edited by snowman.45; 04-13-2019 at 12:42 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: