View Single Post

Old 04-21-2019, 03:37 PM

Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts

Cool. Ok so I now know that was me causing the jitter. Cause as my arm kept feeling heavier and sore I wasn't really controlling the gun too well. Yes I defiantly need to use support. What I need to do is save money and get a membership to the new indoor range we have here. Their supposed to have a new deal coming out in a few days maybe I can convince hubby to squeeze some money my way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
If the rifle is still, the sights won't move. Any contact with a gun will cause movement, which will affect the sight. Minimizing that movement is at the heart of marksmanship. With practice, you will learn how to allow for unavoidable movement. Don't be discouraged--GO FOR IT! There are few things as empowering as developing the skills to get hits under varying conditions.

I had my AR at the range last week, shooting steel plates at 100yd--one of which was a 4" disc. A LOT of my shooting was using support (even if it was just resting the magazine on the bench) so I could focus on the sight picture and trigger, but I also shot standing, with the sights inevitably moving a bit. The faint ting! of bullets hitting steel made all the effort worthwhile!!
The Following User Likes This Post: