View Single Post

Old 04-22-2019, 08:13 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABPOS View Post
Oh my LORD, you've been in the trenches too. I pray you continue to get better!!!!!!!

Thank you for the praise. Thank you for opening up and sharing your trials with Lyme. I'm really sorry you've had to go through that. Those freaking little bugs. Somebody rid the earth of them already..... Geeeeez.

I fully intended to be an outdoorsman, a weekend one mind you. But life had other plans. I deer hunted from age to about
34 and then that was it. And it wasn't from hunting. Camping in a camper...... Labor Day weekend. 2002. It didn't hit with a vengeance until 2007 though.

Hang in there man. I will add you to my prayer list for healing.

I'm adding both of you to my prayer list, ongoing.

If an observation helps, you might pay closer attention to getting hammer sizes in exact proportion.

I think it's remarkable that you do so well with pics on a computer screen, not able to hold the gun and turn it and feel what its weight and shape and balance can tell an artist.

As for your dad's 75th birthday drawing, I know how much it will mean to him. I have a painting of a lynx that my daughter gave me when she was 15. Her art skills are very considerable. And it's in full color, with foliage, too. I display it prominently.

I'm struggling with peripheral neuropathy, but your Lyme disease seems much worse, and certainly Jimbo's. I don't know if I could survive emotionally intact if I'd had to endure what he has.

Crystal Hefner has Lyme disease. She seems to have it gone now, or in remission. I think she's selling real estate today, as does her mom. So, it can sometimes be defeated or controlled. I hope that info inspires you.

Look up the cover to the hardcover edition of Ian Fleming's, "From Russia, With Love". See the modified Victory Model that artist Richard Chopping painted? He worked from life, borrowing that gun from Geoffrey Boothroyd. Seeing his work may give you some tips.

If you get bored with drawing guns, try trout. Your basic talent makes me think you may someday rival Joseph R. Tomelleri as a fish artist. I buy his trout calendar annually, and am always amazed at what the human hand and eye can depict. He is all but photographically accurate! But even an artist of his talent had to begin, then improve.

God be with you. My prayers will!

Last edited by Texas Star; 04-22-2019 at 08:53 PM.