View Single Post

Old 05-05-2019, 12:20 AM

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller Delayed View Post
This is the revolver that brought me to the forum:

Shown here with stocks purchased from gumpys - thanks! It came with Pachmayrs which I didn't care for the looks of.

In about 2004 I heard there was a small one-man dealer in New York selling off NYPD 10s - he had images of all of them and you could pick which one you wanted. I think I spent $150 + $15 to my FFL. (Anyone remember this older gent?)

It is in great shape with only sporadic marks and some muzzle wear (which I touched up). Great trigger and will produce a 1" bench rest group from 25 yards with most ammo.

I had had other revolvers and other S&Ws, but this was my first S&W DA revolver - it is so beautifully made. I have had a number of beautifully made autos - including a P210 - but the way this 10-6 was put together takes the cake for craftsmanship.
Yes! I do remember. Around that time there was a guy selling turn ins on either GB or, more likely, Auction Arms for that price. Unfortunately you couldn't pick and you got luck of the draw, so i bought two. One became a gift for my father but i have the other. If it wasn't the same gent it's a big coincidence. I've always wondered where they cane from. I'll try to get some pics.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: