View Single Post

Old 05-25-2019, 01:45 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,380 Times in 1,736 Posts

My biggest problem when shooting some semi auto pistols has always been the sights. When I used to shoot steel plate matches over 20 years ago all I had was a 1943 Ithaca 1911A1. As anyone who has shot either the 1911 or the A1 models the sights stink. Then I bought semi custom Springfield Armory 1911A1. With the high square faced front sight and STI adjustable rear. I was in hog heaven. For the first time I could actually use the sights. One match I tried my Beretta 92fs and it wasn't the same. Last year I bought one of the Israeli MKIII's and took it to a local smith to check it out and remove the magazine disconnect. No big improvement in trigger pull. But at least with the current high sights on the MKIII I can use them. Brownells sells the LPA adjustable rear sight for the Browning. That's next on the hit parade. Would like to replace the recoil spring,hammer spring and firing pin spring. Does anyone know who sells these springs? I have arthritus in both hands and occasionally I have problems racking the slide and want to either install myself or have a smith do it. Thanks,Frank