View Single Post

Old 06-12-2019, 01:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 34,180 Times in 5,340 Posts
Default It shoots!

I had it to the range today, and I am very impressed.

My first thought was this ain’t no 9mm. Muzzle blast, flash, and recoil got my attention. Very controllable, though.

I worked a double police shooting with the .357 Sig. It wasn’t that long ago so I’ll be a little vague in case there is still some litigation going on. The cop shot guy number one (5’7”, 145) at near contact distance a few inches below his left armpit. It was all on video - that guy dropped like a puppet with the strings cut. He was dead when he hit the ground.

Guy number two was a big boy - 5’ 10” and 375 on the hoof. The cop gave him two in the torso and he fell on his face and ceased to be a bother.

The cop swung his gun to guy number three, who had discovered a love for compliance and was not perforated.

( Note the 100% hit ratio. Less than a year later the same cop killed a miscreant with one round from his AR. Still batting 1000.)

Guy number two lived, but not by much. I sorted the scene and the dead guy out then went to the hospital to check on him. The doc was coming out of the surgery and said the big fella would live. I knew the doc from previous shootings and knew they almost always leave bullets in place but I asked if he got them out just in case. It didn’t matter to the case - it looked like a good shoot and there was no doubt who did the shooting. The doc said - wait here and went back into the OR. An hour later he came out and handed me one mushroomed slug. He said he couldn’t get the other one.

I think this will be my road trip gun. My daughter lives in ABQ which can be a lively place to make a wrong turn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DABB9722-F7C4-4AA0-807E-FE5F42454C5C.jpg (50.7 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by sigp220.45; 06-12-2019 at 01:29 AM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: