View Single Post

Old 06-29-2019, 01:31 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by URIT View Post
I suspect we will see a lot more open carry if a sheriff decides to be limit CCL.
Without opening the whole open carry can of worms here (let's don't do that), I'll just say I doubt we'll see that, and let it go at that. That isn't the issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt_shooter View Post
Nearly all gun control legislation benefits criminals in one way or another while doing nothing to curb violence.
That may be true, but this isn't a gun control bill.

Also, this PCS never was, and still isn't, the Second-Amendment-sky-is-falling thing GRNC tried to make it out to be.

Their stating that "we are furious (yes, furious ) to be forced to announce that the Republicans you sent to Raleigh have snuck language into the Proposed Committee Substitute (PCS)" and "I see that Republican senators have snuck language into S90s Proposed Committee Substitute (PCS)..." is just hot air.

No one can "sneak" language into a PCS, an amendment, or a bill. Everything pertaining to a bill is public knowledge before it even comes up for a vote. I don't know why GRNC didn't publish a link to the PCS in question. There isn't anything sneaky about it...it's all there in black and white for anyone (including legislators) to read. Anyone can read it by clicking here. There's no big secret here. Does anyone here really believe that NC legislators aren't provided copies of anything related to the bill? By using the "sneak concept", GRNC plays word games with North Carolina gun owners and their emotions concerning the Second Amendment. In this case GRNC was using inflammatory rhetoric and fear mongering to get NC gun owners all bent out of shape over basically nothing. GRNC's blatantly false statements make them appear to be anything but a knowledgeable Second Amendment advocate for North Carolina gun owners, collectors, and sportsmen.

Keep in mind a PCS is a Proposed Committee Substitute. This was and is nothing more than a proposed proposal.

All this is my opinion, by the way. No one has to agree with it.
The Following User Likes This Post: