View Single Post

Old 07-08-2019, 05:57 PM

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

I've had mine for almost 2 years now and have put around 3000'ish rounds down range with no issues. Not until recently that is. Not sure exactly what happened but it does sound like an OOB round. I was sighting in after scope change and on about the 5th shot there was a loud pop next to my cheek and tip of finger. My son who was behind me said he saw something fly out to the right into the marsh. Upon looking at the chamber I noticed the bolt was back slightly and there was black around it. I then tried to clear it and it wouldn't extract the casing. That's when I noticed the missing extractor and plunger as well as the mangled casing. Now the shot just prior to the failure was one of those shots that just barely had enough oomff behind it to get it out of the end of the barrel and rolls about 20 feet and stops in front of you. I've had a LOT of those using the Armscor .22 LR ammo. Not sure if it just didn't have enough to open and load a round securely or what. Now I was target shooting so it was like 1 shot every 3-5 seconds not quick fire. Here's a few pics of what I saw. I already received the new parts and the plunger everyone seemed to like looks nothing like the original piece.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00851.jpg (85.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00853.jpg (88.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00854.jpg (118.0 KB, 43 views)