View Single Post

Old 07-31-2019, 12:00 AM

Liked 534 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrateshooter View Post
thanks for helping to increase the price of my 629-4!
There is no need to thank me for my infrequent firearms transactions. For it is really people who are buying older guns such as your 629-4 and holding them expressly for the purpose of making an opportune profit that are helping to increase their market prices by adding a layer of one or more transactions between the original owner and an eventual buyer who wishes to purchase the gun as an addition to their collection or as a tool for use. Such a hold-for-sale strategy adds zero value to the gun to justify any price increase. At best you can hope to offer a potential buyer a gun whose value has not been diminished through use.

In contrast, the sum total of all such hold-for-sale purchases makes the older guns much more scarce for collectors and users. Such demand on the part of hold-for-sale buyers creates an artificial scarcity in the market that drives up the prices of older guns much more than demand alone on the part of collectors and users. So I guess you can pat yourself on the back. But don't thank me

Last edited by SeamasterSig; 07-31-2019 at 12:02 AM.