View Single Post

Old 08-02-2019, 11:39 PM

Liked 2,955 Times in 1,021 Posts

Ancient thread, but a topic I have been considering recently.

A few years back I started shooting revolvers again due to finding a recent manufacture 637 PC that just has a staggeringly good trigger.

Here it is with a Taurus grip I experimented with. It has S&W rubber boot grips now.

Are many people buying new S&W revolvers?-sw-6372-jpg

Since then, I've bought at least a half dozen each of new and old S&W revolvers. Some of the old ones have amazing triggers, some of them are only ok; the same can be said for the new guns. I had a recent manufacture 625 PC that had an amazing trigger, and I had a recent manufacture 686 PC that had the wrong strain screw and had a horrible trigger until I figured it out. My pre-37 trigger is kinda rough and heavy, my pre-36 trigger is like warm butter.

The biggest problem I have dealt with is light strikes from new guns. Even with stock springs, I have had a couple of new guns with internal firing pins that would fail to ignite. I had a 325 that wouldn't ignite reliably even with stock springs and a Apex extended firing pin (a slightly longer Cylinder and Slide pin fixed it after much frustration). I'm at the point where I just replace the firing pin with a C&S before I even test it.

So, I have started to gravitate toward pre-internal firing pin guns. The lock has never been an issue for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SW 6372.jpg (47.4 KB, 377 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: