View Single Post

Old 08-05-2019, 03:00 PM

Liked 463 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
I’m one of those “young” people that will buy new models. I’m indifferent to the lock, provided the rest of my wanted features were there.

There was a way to get a 686 SSR with anything but the lock, but I very much love how that gun handles for me. So the lock is what it is.

My 60-4 doesn’t have the lock. I wanted a 3” J-frame with target sights that was built for 38s, not 357s. The only way to get that was a pre-lock model.

My wife enjoys my 60-4 enough that she wanted a version of her own. She handled a bunch of options yesterday and ultimately brought home a 60 Pro. It has a lock, but it also has everything else she wanted.

The lock is what it is at this point. I will continue to buy based on the features I want and if it means I have a lock model than I have a lock.

Can't blame you I have lock and no lock models. The 329PD bug bit years ago which was the first lock model I ever bought. And the same gun that brought about the Lock Delete. Had to have a Titanium part to fill in that hole. Usually I'll shoot neutered modern revolvers and leave the prelocks for fondling, oiling, and handing down to the family at some point